Welcome to the Tahlequah Camera Club website! We are a club of photographers ranging from beginners to professionals in the Tahlequah, Oklahoma and Lake Tenkiller area. The club meets once a month and is open to the public. Browse our membership information and photo galleries. Even swing by one of our upcoming meetings to see what we’re all about. Come early to socialize before the meeting. We usually meet at 7:00pm on the 2nd Tuesday of each month in the Cookson United Methodist Church hall behind the sanctuary.
March Meeting: 6:30pm Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Our March meeting will be in the fellowship hall at the back of the Cookson United Methodist Church. This will be the first meeting of the 2017-2018 competition year. We will meet a little early (6:30pm) because this is a potluck and anyone is welcome. We will present the year-end results from 2016-2017 competition year. Also, be sure to bring images to submit for the March competition (there is no Special Competition this time). Since this is our first competition for the year, now is a great time anyone to join the club and get active in our competitions. This is a fun experience as well as a great way to improve our photography. The three class levels provides different levels of competition and experience for everyone.
All are welcome!
Special Competitions for the 2017 Year
- May: “Water” -Flowing or frozen, mist or fog
- Ideas: fountains, rivers or streams, glaciers, droplets. Water should be the main subject but may include boats, people, pitcher or faucet, birds, etc. This is a good time to try a slow shutter speed to make the mater appear milky.
July: “Leading Lines” – used to draw the viewer’s eyes through the image
- Ideas: railroad tracks, river, road or path, archways, trees, clouds, stairs
September: “Remember When” – nostalgia, antique, historic, elderly
- Ideas: vintage cars, still life, re-enactments, portraits, old and run-down anything
November: “Locomotion” – anything moving
- Ideas: animals, people, vehicles, bugs, etc., in motion
January (2018): “Work or Play” – people either working or playing
- Ideas: jobs, on the farm, in the city, student, playing board games or sports, swimming, house painting, etc.
(Photographing of military or government facilities, airports, etc. is probably prohibited for security’s sake. Get permission when in doubt, IE. parents of children, business owners, etc.)