Welcome to the Tahlequah Camera Club website! We are a club of photographers ranging from beginners to professionals in the Tahlequah, Oklahoma and Lake Tenkiller area. The club meets once a month and is open to the public. Browse our membership information and photo galleries. Even swing by one of our upcoming meetings to see what we’re all about. Come early to socialize before the meeting. We usually meet at 7:00pm on the 2nd Tuesday of each month in the Cookson United Methodist Church hall behind the sanctuary.
NOTE: Annual Dues are $25/individuals & $35/couples. We have a discount for new members of $15/individuals and $25/couples.
July Meeting: 6:00pm Tuesday, July 11, 2017
Our July meeting will be a pool side party at Greenleaf Nursery (between Keys and Cookson, OK; see image below). This is a pool side potluck so bring lawn chairs and a dish. The club will provide plates, napkins, plastic ware and iced tea (you can bring other drinks if you like). Bring your swim suits if you would like to cool off in the pool.
Don’t forget to bring your images to submit for the July competition which includes a Special Competition of “Leading Lines.” Also bring a 4×6 print to submit for our fun Monthly Challenge which has a topic of “Yellow.” It must be taken after June 13, 2017.
All are welcome!
Special Competitions for the 2017 Year
- May: “Water” -Flowing or frozen, mist or fog
- Ideas: fountains, rivers or streams, glaciers, droplets. Water should be the main subject but may include boats, people, pitcher or faucet, birds, etc. This is a good time to try a slow shutter speed to make the mater appear milky.
July: “Leading Lines” – used to draw the viewer’s eyes through the image
- Ideas: railroad tracks, river, road or path, archways, trees, clouds, stairs
September: “Remember When” – nostalgia, antique, historic, elderly
- Ideas: vintage cars, still life, re-enactments, portraits, old and run-down anything
November: “Locomotion” – anything moving
- Ideas: animals, people, vehicles, bugs, etc., in motion
January (2018): “Work or Play” – people either working or playing
- Ideas: jobs, on the farm, in the city, student, playing board games or sports, swimming, house painting, etc.
(Photographing of military or government facilities, airports, etc. is probably prohibited for security’s sake. Get permission when in doubt, IE. parents of children, business owners, etc.)