Special Competitions for the 2017 Year
- May: “Water” -Flowing or frozen, mist or fog
- Ideas: fountains, rivers or streams, glaciers, droplets. Water should be the main subject but may include boats, people, pitcher or faucet, birds, etc. This is a good time to try a slow shutter speed to make the mater appear milky.
July: “Leading Lines” – used to draw the viewer’s eyes through the image
- Ideas: railroad tracks, river, road or path, archways, trees, clouds, stairs
September: “Remember When” – nostalgia, antique, historic, elderly
- Ideas: vintage cars, still life, re-enactments, portraits, old and run-down anything
November: “Locomotion” – anything moving
- Ideas: animals, people, vehicles, bugs, etc., in motion
January (2018): “Work or Play” – people either working or playing
- Ideas: jobs, on the farm, in the city, student, playing board games or sports, swimming, house painting, etc.
The Special Competition subject matter are assigned by the Executive Committee and/or Competition Chairperson. Any submitted images may be tagged for a “Special Competition.” These competitions will be announced in the club’s monthly meetings and on this website. Special competition will be judged and scored like regular competition, and additional points may be awarded. Each person that competes in a special competition will receive a total of 5 extra points. You may enter in Open Topic Category and/or in Altered Reality Category. The winner of the Special Competition for each class will also receive an additional 5 points.